Dean Foods Company is seeking an attorney experienced in negotiating and drafting contracts to provide legal support to the Company's Commercial Sales and Logistics function. The position will report to Dean's Vice President, Chief Counsel – Commercial Sales & Antitrust Counseling, who is responsible for providing legal services to the Commercial Sales function of the Company.
The position will also indirectly report to Dean's Vice President, Chief Counsel – Operations & Logistics, who is responsible for providing legal services to the Real Estate, Operations, EHS and Logistics functions of the Company. Dean Foods is seeking a solution-oriented individual who has strong contract negotiation and drafting experience and the ability to provide practical advice and operate at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for legal work in support of various aspects of commercial sales transactions, including negotiating and drafting product sales, broker, confidentiality and other related agreements.
- Responsible for legal work in support of various aspects of third-party transportation and warehouse transactions, including negotiating and drafting transportation, cold storage warehouse, master services and other related agreements.
- Providing advice and interacting with business leaders from the Commercial Sales and Logistics Departments regarding strategy and processes.
- At least 5+ years practicing law with a strong law firm background (or equivalent experience coming from a combination of law firm and in-house counsel). Strong contracting experience is required. Experience with products sales or logistics/transportation within a manufacturing company is helpful, but not required.
- Law degree and law license in good standing required.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding contract negotiation and drafting skills.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand business consequences of legal advice with a client-focused attitude.
- Hands-on, roll up the sleeves attorney who can be an effective team member and work well under deadlines.
- Ability to interact professionally with people at all levels of the company and effectively manage paralegal support.
- Ability to work independently with limited administrative support; proficient in word processing and related programs, and experience with legal data bases.