You will have overall responsibility and management for professional and general liability claims against corporation, licensed professionals and other employees from the identification of a claim through the resolution of the claim.
- Overall responsibility and management for professional and general liability claims against corporation, licensed professionals and other employees.
- Review new claims with in-house counsel regarding liability and management plan.
- Secure all discovery for assigned defense counsel responsive to litigation requests.
- Attend pertinent defendant and witness depositions.
- Attend arbitration and mediation and support defense counsel in case resolution.
- Review quarterly defense counsel litigation reports and assist in strategic defense of the case.
- Research and recommend settlement and verdict values
- Overall trial responsibility, including coordination of witness/defendant appearances.
- Responsible for planning and preparation of claim related committee meetings.
- Responsible for regulatory reporting requirements associated with claims settlements
- Oversee claims strategy of in house counsel claims management.
- Minimum 5 years of claims management experience