Reporting to the Manager of Virtualization & Data Storage, the Citrix Engineer will be one of the primary focal points for the day-to-day support and operation of Nixon Peabody's global network and computing environment.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It's the chance to use your knowledge to shape what's ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We've created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
At Nixon Peabody, our priority is to attract, retain and promote talented individuals who have an array of racial, ethnic, social, economic, religious, professional, personal, and other backgrounds. Therefore, we encourage talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If you're someone who's looking toward the future, we'd love to hear from you.
- Administration of Citrix Desktops with Microsoft Office and other published applications.
- Remote Access Desktops and troubleshooting issues for users working in the Citrix desktop environment.
- Serve as an escalation point for help desk agents and ISS I staff regarding issues with NP computing systems and/or network environment.
- As assigned, monitor various network infrastructure systems such as remote access, Black Berry Enterprise Server and Citrix as well as work with senior engineers to ensure systems availability.
- Work with Sr. Infrastructure Specialist, Sr. Engineers and/or Manager of Virtualization and Data Storage to implement and document Citrix, network, remote access, VoIP, or server environments.
- Adherence to and support of the firm's ISMS and ISO 27001 information security policies, procedures, and controls.
- Assist with incident response activities including identification and remediation efforts.
- Participate in project review meetings as needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure related hardware and operating systems issues.
- Participate in the infrastructure on-call after-hours coverage on a rotating shift basis.
- Perform backup and restore of data.
- Monitor and maintain health of infrastructure equipment such as IP-enabled KVMs and PDUs.
- Provide infrastructure level 2 support to cover vacations and/or peak work loads.
- Respond to automated antivirus detection warnings and remediate as necessary.
- Work in a team environment and foster open communication to ensure knowledge transfer to team members.
- Need to be the primary resource supporting on or more of the following systems / areas: Citrix, Exchange Environment, EMM, Cisco switch and routers, Anti-Virus, Steelheads, Microsoft Windows Servers, VMware VM deployment, RSA, Active Directory / DNS, Data Center infrastructure, Commvault.
- Work towards being a Subject Mater Expert (SME) in one or more of the firm's major systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3 or more years IT administration and support experience which includes enterprise level support and daily administrative tasks such as backup and restore operations, server maintenance, server virtualization, and resolving complex operating system and application issues.
- Experience identifying and resolving basic issues in a Microsoft Exchange 2010 & 2016 environment, Remote Access, Cisco Networking, Firewalls and Microsoft Windows servers 2K8,12,16.
- Certifications in at least 2 of the following, Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, NetApp, VMware, Symantec, McAfee, Checkpoint, Juniper, Commvault, Aruba, RIM
- Current certification in their primary focus area.
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware and software problems on various computer and network platforms.
- Experience with Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition.
- Experience with VPN technologies such as IPsec and SSL.
- Experience with Citrix Desktops with Microsoft Office and other published applications.
- Experience with Citrix App Layering.
- Proficient in using help desk ticketing software and following change control process.
- High aptitude for various network and systems hardware and system performance monitoring tools, troubleshooting hardware and software problems, and administering complex systems.
- Proficiency with a technology specific platform(s) such as Cisco, Windows server, Citrix, VoIP, Unified Collaboration, NetApp, Microsoft Exchange, HP servers, Symantec, McAfee, or VMware.
- A solid understanding of NTFS rights related to file and directory structure.
- A solid understanding of networking and switching technology.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the firm's ISO 27001 policies and procedures.
- Self-starting and self-motivating.
- Physical requirements - must be able to lift 40 pounds