$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Rackspace is seeking a Business Intelligence Specialist III to work with the global BI team, business leads, and technical IT teams responsible for implementation and support of Software Applications. The accountabilities include gathering user requirements, preparing business requirement documents, preparing functional requirement documents, preparing data flow diagrams, issue resolution, UAT planning, and end-user support for BI applications and additional new functionality and requirements as required by the business. The BIS III will provide both technical and functional support to the business and should have a solid understanding of the business processes and how they relate to the business intelligence applications. Technical skills are required to understand the data structures and provide adequate issue resolution as required to the user community.
· Assists in the initial roll-out to ensure business requirements have been implemented as defined.
· Acts as a domain area expert for the Software Application.
· Assists with the understanding of additional business processes from disparate applications and how to incorporate them into the Software Application.
· Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
· Work with customers to define their requirements and create information delivery solutions that meet their needs utilizing "best practices".
· Will serve as liaison between end users and development during the initial phase of product creation.
· Define the system and functional requirements of the product.
· Define specifications and data models for product development and testing.
· Using development specification, creates detailed user cases.
· Assesses available technologies and recommends solutions to development team.
· May play a key role in the training of customer and technical support personnel.
· Responsible for analyzing and resolving Software Application functional issues.
· Participate in the review of current business processes and demonstrate improved processes through recommended changes to the Software Application.
· Work closely with other Business Systems Analysts, Process Owners and Development Teams as required.
· Work with project team in establishing deliverables and estimating work effort involved in the design and implementation of the Software Application.
· Responsible for analysis and translation of user stories into IT requirements, obtaining approval of requirements, testing, training, and implementation support.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or marketing required.
· 5 years of experience in the areas of development, project management, and technical business analysis.
· Ability to write simple to medium complex SQL queries to perform data analysis.
· Experience using BI Intelligence reporting tools e.g. QlikView, Tableau or Power BI.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Valid Through: 2019-10-28