Inovalon Inc., seeks Business Intelligence Developer for multiple openings.
- Determine which the specific types of raw data is required to answer specific questions or solve problems.
- Analyze data requirements and develop complex MS SQL Server queries to extract data from source data files and central repository, adjusting and weighting the raw data.
- Prepare data for processing and plan and design data integration strategies by researching root causes for data gaps, discrepancies, inconsistencies, and derive insights via longitudinal analysis.
- Evaluate data quality to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy by identifying and defining metrics, thresholds, and benchmarks.
- Research, evaluate, and implement new technology to automate the generation of new and existing business intelligence reporting solutions and dashboards using VBA, excel macros, and pivot and power pivot.
- Plan and resolve post implementation technical issues for the business intelligence tool and or dashboards as they arise.
- Perform complex and detailed statistical analyses and modeling of Business Intelligence data with clear, relevant outputs.
- Develop and employ statistical models to accurately summarize and synthesize current business intelligence or trend data.
- Analyze data using statistical analysis and visualization software to apply statistical approaches such as opportunity analyses, risk adjustment and predictive modeling, program evaluation studies, probability and inference, longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques.
- Produce ad-hoc, custom, and standard aggregated and dashboard business intelligence reports from Inovalon's technical datasets, using MS SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, and Tableau to support recommendations for action for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Write detailed analysis plans and descriptions of analyses and recommendations, including preparing data visualizations in the form of dashboards, charts, and/or graphs.
- Present the results of data analysis to management, product development, operations and technology teams, and other internal stakeholders.
- Prepare statistical data for inclusion in reports to executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, and/or methods including design of related databases, spreadsheets, and/or output.
- Support automation and enterprise consolidation of data used in Inovalon's monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics reports.
- Create and maintain business and technical design documentation which includes current and future functionality, system requirements, logical processes, database objects, affected specifications, data mappings, data dictionary, and flows/diagrams.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer/Software Engineering, or related field of study.
- Master's degree plus at least two years (five years if in possession of a relevant bachelor's degree) of related professional experience in analyzing complex business intelligence data and communicating findings through data visualizations and statistical reporting, or five years of related professional experience if in possession of a relevant bachelor's degree.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools (Oracle Business Intelligence Analytic Applications, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Experience with Microsoft technologies (including Excel [VBA, excel macros, and pivot and power pivot], PowerPoint, Word, and Visio).
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following Oracle Business Intelligence Analytic Applications (Apps): Oracle Financial Analytics, Oracle Project Analytics, Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE 12c) Technology (OBIEE metadata components, custom web presentation catalog, ad-hoc query use, BI Publisher)
- Knowledge or experience with Oracle E-Business Financials, Projects, or Purchasing modules and underlying database design
- Experience with statistics and machine learning algorithms as well as coding and data visualization skills
- Handles raw data (e.g. structured, unstructured, and mixed datasets), and analyzes data through the application of various statistical techniques or tools
- Experienced in working with and exploiting big data; distributed computing; predictive modeling; mathematics; statistics; machine learning; story-telling; data visualization and modeling; quantitative and statistical data analysis methodology and theory (including opportunity analyses, risk adjustment and predictive modeling, program evaluation studies, probability and inference, longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques), interactive reporting; data science; database systems; trend and root cause analysis; computer and neural networks; data structures; logic design; and data mining
- Demonstrates ability to extract meaning from and interpret data using a variety of tools and methods from statistics and machine learning.