Location: Phoenix, AZ
The Business Intelligence Analyst is customer focused and facilitates turning data into information to drive business processes and monitoring. The position collaborates to ensure relevant analysis and complete, timely reporting is provided to meet TriWest business needs and Veteran's Administration's Healthcare requirements. Facilitates meetings, identifies, collects, organizes and prioritizes data requirements and business processes changes to meet reporting requirements. Clarifies complex business issues and recommends solutions. Advocates business process improvement through data analysis, process change and technology application.
- May lead project team assignments of moderate scope requiring expert technical skills or good understanding of business functions. Coaches, mentors and trains team members.
- Key member of business insights team requiring expert technical skills or good understanding of business functions.
- Documents the reporting process; works collaboratively with team members.
- Responds under short turnaround times to provide data and answer detailed questions on data and trends.
- Effectively educates end users on what reports mean by telling the story behind the report.
- Develops, delivers and maintains quality IT solutions to support business processes, in line with IT guidelines and architectures.
- Balances clients'business requirements and preferred technical architecture. Recommends creative and innovative solutions to business or technical problems. Provides client support for operation systems consistent with service level agreements (SLA's). Ensures work is technically sound and in compliance with established quality and timeliness standards.
- Simplifies or eliminates low value-added work processes.
- Takes active steps to increase understanding of client's business environment, priorities and processes, and emerging technology issues.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or any other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years experience in a Business Analyst or data analysis role.
- Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, SSRS, SAS)
- Experience with process flow documentation and design
- Moderate SQL development skills
- 2 - 5 years experience in a healthcare environment
- Experienced Tableau user
- Experience with statiscal analysis tools (e.g. SAS, R, etc.)
- Clinical analytics experience
- Call Center reporting experience
- Healthcare Claims reporting experience
- Experience developing Tableau dashboards
- Experience with geo-spatial analysis tools (e.g. ESRI)