To design and implement reports and dashboards using SAP BW/BI and various presentation tools. To participate as member of a multi-national Business Analytics Competence Center group.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops SAP BW/BI applications, starting with the conceptual phase up to the implementation with close coordination with line of business.
- Responsible for the development of data extractors, data models (including programming of necessary routines) in SAP BW/BI 7.5 and the development of reporting frontend solution with SAP Business Explorer (BEx) and SAP Business Objects (Design Studio, Analysis for Office, Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, Lumira).
- Maintains and enhances existing SAP BW/BI applications.
- Responsible for coordinating with external consultants to define requirements, schedule deadlines for each project phase, and allocate proper resources. Manages and leads analysts, programmers, and other team members through all project phases.
- Provides consulting / support for multiple business units, through the collection, validation, and storage of applicable data.
- Maintain currency with respect to technical and professional skills by attending training classes and seminars as needed.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of related experience preferred.
- Experience supporting and developing SAP BW/BI applications. Experience using SAP BO Platform, SAP Portal and BW Modeling Tools and Query Designer as part of HANA Studio.
- Performs work under minimal supervision. Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) applications in the area of the various SAP modules (e.g. SAP MM, SD, CO, SAP BW on HANA).
- German proficiency preferred.
- Must be able to travel 5+ consecutive days per year by road and/or air.