Are you motivated by the customer mission? Do you bring smart, strategic approaches to the table? Here at VMD, we understand the mission and work side by side with customers to articulate a vision for success, and then make it happen. We know success doesn't happen by accident. It takes the right team of people, working together on the right solutions for the customer. Our team is one of the best in the business. Are you ready to join us?
VMD fosters a culture that is made up of three core components: Talent | Commitment | Trust
VMD has an exciting opportunity for you to join as a Business Development - Mid Level working in our Fairfax, VA office. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Track and support lead generation campaigns from inception.
- Assist with core business development activities, such as generating capture decks, reports and communicating with potential partners and competitors to better understand client needs.
- Quantify business intelligence with models to evaluate new opportunities; present findings clearly and make recommendations for action.
- Leverage a well-positioned, strong existing footprint to further support, develop, and integrate services and solutions across DHS.
- Work with senior executives and capture team to plan and coordinate strategic activities in pursuit of opportunities.
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities that demonstrates continuous progress toward achieving annual targets.
- Support strategic and business development initiatives, to include opportunity identification, business intelligence, capture management, teaming arrangements, win strategy and hands-on proposal support.
- Work closely with Leadership to build account strategies.
- Participate in proposals development
- Develop a strong understanding of both customer issues and our information technology and consulting services to help address their issues.
- Conduct opportunity and information searches for opportunities using tools such as FBO, Customer Forecasts and internal databases.
- Cultivate and grow client relationships with agency personnel and key influencers that result in net new business.
- Display a high level of verbal and written communication skills to present, inform and persuade customers and partners of the company.
- Support teammates as required and assist as necessary in improving business development, capture, strategic planning and proposals within the organization.
- At least 5 years' experience supporting Federal business development and capture efforts
- Must have excellent writing and oral presentation skills
- Proven track record and history of winning and acquiring new business
- Demonstrated history of fostering growth in existing business units
- Experience within DHS and similar federal agencies
- Proven track record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable strategic accounts environment