The primary responsibility of the Business Development Manager is to develop and support key TransTech infrastructure markets in the Mid-West / West Coast territory by working with customers and prospects in a specified region to provide solutions for power distribution in the transit infrastructure space. This position will provide solutions and help support the solutions provided. Additionally, this role will work with the infrastructure group to identify and grow TransTech's product portfolio through market research, customer research, and competitive analysis.
This is a remote position that requires 50% travel upon start to learn the business and then travel will scale back to 25%.
- Develop relationships with customers, potential customers, consultants, contractors, and internal partners within a specified region (establish contact, visit, engage, and follow-up).
- Leverage relationships to grow business in the specified region.
- Work with infrastructure group on strategic portfolio expansion (specifically developing recurring business from products aligned with current portfolio).
- Work with infrastructure group to understand and report on addressable market.
- Support current customers and products through general field service or by facilitating more technical engineering support.
- Become product matter expert within the specified region.
- Interact with and engage organizational stakeholders as necessary to advance product lines within the region (corporate sales teams, legal department, client resources, etc.).
- Assist with high-level sales and marketing functions (trade shows, websites, collateral development, etc.) and support corporate CRM requirements.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Business, or Marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- 5+ Years of business development experience in the rail industry OR
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree with a minimum of 5-years' business development experience selling large, complex, engineered, custom-made products in another industry.
- Must have mechanical competence with ability to understand complex electrical and mechanical systems and products.
- Ability to travel as required to build and support business (up to 50% initially)
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Always support and demonstrate company values of safety, customer focus, continuous improvement, team work, leadership, integrity, and excellence.
- Ability to pass required screenings and trainings from customer in order to gain access to job-site.
- Possess a valid passport (or the ability to procure a valid passport) and any other government required identification to adequately perform the job.
- Familiar with general manufacturing, machining, and fabrication processes.
- Proven experience in customer and market research.
- Strong computer skills with technical and office software experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills