Knoll is currently seeking a skilled, experienced and energetic Business Development Manager to join our Chicago region.
This position will raise the visibility, presence and connection of Knoll in the market. As opportunities become more complex, with more diverse influencers, The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities early, navigating through the numerous decision makers, to drive the target strategy with our assembled team.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- BS/BA Marketing/Business degree preferred or the equivalent in experience
- Minimum five years of outside sales/sales management experience, which includes pricing, sales strategy, and negotiation skills
- Ability to engage customers on a high level b2b platform
- Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant accountability
- Contract Furniture or related industry experience required
- Must possess ability to communicate effectively to present Knoll products, position and objectives to associates, management, customers, dealers and professional organizations
- Establish and leverage a network of end-user groups, A&D, Project Managers, General Contractors, Real Estate Brokers, etc. to identify opportunities and promote the Knoll brand
- Provide consultative support to organizations in regards to how their space effects Real Estate, People and Technology, using Knoll's leading research and workplace expertise.
- Be a leader within our region, in leveraging our team's robust experience and infrastructure to provide a differentiating approach in the market as you drive business
- Ability and comfort level of interfacing in different levels of organizations and within different key vertical markets such as traditional corporate/professional services, Tech/Bio Tech, RE, etc.