The focus of this position is to develop a pipeline of new clients through direct and indirect customer contact and prospecting with follow-up on leads to identify business opportunities for TRUEbenefits. The position is responsible for making initial contacts and developing relationships with prospective clients that grow into business opportunities. Networking and developing contacts across the community for opportunities is an important part of this position.
TRUEbenefits provides practical, forward-looking and cost-effective employee benefit consulting services for leading Northwest employers. We've succeeded by being true to ourselves, our clients, the marketplace and our community.
- Meet sales goals by obtaining BOR and retain relationships with key stakeholders after prospects become clients with an eye toward strategic cross-sell and round-out opportunities.
- Use effective business strategies to create and execute a business development plan for new business that enables the organization to meet financial goals and objectives.
- Identify and cultivate new prospects through network relationships, strategic partners, industry events and direct prospecting efforts.
- Understand the business and competitive landscape. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to complex problems, conclusions, or approaches to problems and what options may be most appropriate to meet a prospect's needs.
- Identify centers of influence that can assist with developing leads or with making inroads to potential clients.
- Develop relationships and perform analysis with prospective clients to understand their organization, key decision makers, and business needs.
- Understand principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, and sales techniques.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to generate content and follow-through on marketing campaigns.
- Select or assist customers in selecting products based on customer needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Maintain the highest level of security and confidentiality regarding corporate and prospect or client-related information.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 Years Prior Professional Experience as a Sales Consultant working with customers with a successful track record of new business and providing an exceptional experience.
- Must obtain WA state life & disability insurance producer license within 30 days of hire.
- Effectively communicate and build rapport in person and by phone.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for presenting, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales administrative systems.
- Knowledge of general business principles, strategic planning, resource allocation, profit/loss requirements, organizational structures, and operational needs.
- Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to successfully interact at all company levels while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong analytical, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Can adapt to change and develop new processes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with enthusiasm.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Can work independently and see initiatives or issues through to completion.
- Must be comfortable dealing with all kinds of people and have a desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Requires travel to networking, prospect, and client locations.