The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including the disabled and veterans. #LI-RP1
Whiting-Turner is seeking a Business Analyst to work in our Equipment Yard facility to improve operational efficiency and evaluate process improvement opportunities. As an introduction, this role will perform a rotational assignment in Accounting, Finance, and Information Technology to learn existing business processes that support our operations teams and construction projects.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Reviewing business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest accounting, finance, and IT process advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports and dashboards.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between operations and support group resources.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Developing reports and dashboards to assist in monitoring process improvement.
- Performing and monitoring inter-company accounting and billing for services provided by the Equipment Yard facility.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to work closely with employees to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- A bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Advanced technical skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, and Access.
- Database extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) experience.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States