The Business Analyst is responsible for generating reports that measure internal and external key performance indicators as well as conducting continuous improvement exercises.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide detailed evaluations of potential customers, this includes network analysis, solution design, and proposal design. IT
- Provide detailed evaluations of current customers to monitor their networks changes for new program development.
- Quantify cost trends for pricing models used to create solutions for clients.
- Provide ad hoc analysis as required by the business, this includes transportation analyses of any kind.
- Actively engage with existing operations to understand the current and future state of the customer's networks TM is managing.
- Prepare business reviews that measures internal and external performance.
- Work with existing business analysts to develop ongoing reports and KPI scorecards that aid in the management of customers.
- Provides analytical support across brokerage and TM as needed and summarizes information in a clear and articulate manner.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division's performance against historical and budgeted results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the plan.
- Maintains and develops various financial models and standard templates for various uses; maintains databases by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications and processes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required, Finance or IT preferred
- 5-7 years of experience
- Knowledge of transportation logistics preferred
- Data management and manipulation skills
- Programming skills to manipulate large data-sets
- Familiarity with routing and scheduling packages including transportation management software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong financial conceptual skills
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to travel on short notice.