Partnering with the support team, the Azure Engineer will lead efforts to optimize, harden, and improve the bank's IT Infrastructure. Primary focus includes Microsoft Windows Server domain services, and a VMWare based data center. This role will work closely with an outsourced IT staff to steer operation efforts and validate vendor practices for maximum security and reliability. The Engineer will directly influence and be involved in identifying, prioritizing, and resolving any issues that may impact business operations. In addition, the Engineer proactively seeks to communicate solutions to network and server related issues and recommends technologies that can be used to improve the overall health of the company network systems. Some travel is possible to California, Nevada and Arizona.
- Works with technical teams to ensure that hardware and software infrastructure is maintained with latest firmware and software requirements
- Responsible for systems and application performance monitoring.
- Demonstrates expertise on Azure Worker Role, App Services, Web Jobs, Scheduler, Service Bus, Logic Apps and Event Hub.
- Manages basic and expedited support to resolve all Microsoft and system related issues
- Escalation point for troubleshooting and resolution of critical issues impacting customers
- Proactively communicates the status, plan of action(s), and resolution(s) of issues
- Monitors and reports the performance of Infrastructure solutions and components against KPIs and takes preemptive measures to minimize interruptions
- Identifies opportunities and recommends solutions for improving Infrastructure health, effectiveness and efficiency
- Evaluates new technologies and platforms to determine whether their applicability aligns with businesses needs
- Establishes best practices, standards, and procedures, and ensures processes and people maintain compliance for regulatory purposes
- Bachelor's in engineering, computer science, or related field, or 10 years' job experience in IT
- Experience with supporting and configuring Distributed Files Services (DFS) Environments
- Experience with supporting and configuring Microsoft Exchange Environments
- 10+ years knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
- Experienced with Azure SQL, Azure Automation, and/or Azure Resource Manager.
- Cloud design patterns
- Understanding RDBMS databases and concept and implementation of No-SQL databases
- Azure Storage and Backup Experience.
- Azure network experience, VPN and Express route, Azure DNS, Traffic Manager, and Load Balancers.
- Experience designing, planning and implementing Azure environments.
- Strong Proficiency in all the services offered by Microsoft Azure including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure and knowledge on other competitive platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Implementation experience on AD B2C Custom UI and Custom Attributes, Role based access(RBAC) and AD Groups.
- Proficient with the creation and maintaining Visio diagrams
- Strong understanding of network, operating systems, and database concepts
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations, work in a team environment, work with little supervision, and develop ownership of new technologies
- Leadership qualities in strategizing approaches and managing project objectives
- Ability to develop, plan, and lead project work
- Experience working and managing across multiple tasks, contributing deliverables and improving performance metrics
- Experience with Information assurance technical framework
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend and implement solutions
- Work closely with business partners to represent Infrastructure and deliver solutions for business projects and initiatives