The Assistant Vice President, Business Partner reports to the Vice President, Business Partner of BTS. This role supports the Regional and Alternative Segment, and their respective leadership teams. The focus is ensuring delivery of technical solutions, demand management and change management in alignment with business objectives.
- Alignment: Accountable for ensuring technical recommendations and solutions appropriately consider and balance Segment, Operating Unit, Corporate and BTS objectives and capabilities
- Communication: Accountable for communication between operating units and all IT teams to ensure alignment of business capabilities to technology, priorities, timelines and readiness.
- Partner: Be a trusted partner in delivery to the segment and all technology teams
- Strategy: Partner with segment IT leadership to understand and align technology support to strategic outlooks
- Demand Management: Own the process for intake and prioritization across operating units, technology teams and governance groups. Resolve relative priority conflicts across competing interests. Accountable for aligning demand with approved spend and partnering with operating units on business case development when additional funding is necessary.
- Change Management: Develop, facilitate, coordinate and communicate change management for the segments in support of enterprise initiatives. Change management is inclusive of business and technical plans for new system implementations and legacy system sunsets.
- Governance: Partner with operating units and IT Finance on business case development and project governance
- Delivery: Coordinate the delivery of tasks across technology teams in alignment with business initiatives. Ensure major milestones are documented, understood and managed.
- Financial Planning and Reporting: Accountable for BTS expenses being managed in alignment with segment financial plans and forecasts. Report and manage BTS expenses within overall context of segment expenses monthly.
Escalation and resolution: Perform as the single point of escalation, and facilitate resolution for all issues relative to IT in support of segments and BTS.
Critical Areas of Skill:
- Exceptional Communication
- Strong Business and Technical Acumen
- Exceptional Relationship Management Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Project Management
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Emerging Technology Trends
- At least ten years of progressive experience in insurance systems and/or IT consulting in the financial industry.
- A combination of technical experience, strong business and financial acumen, and emotional intelligence; Demonstrated success at managing and leading change in a complex, collaborative organization.
- Demonstrated ability to align technology solutions to complex business needs in balance with broader organizational interests.
- Equally, significant qualifications include strong project management skills, a thorough understanding of software development practices, and exceptional interpersonal relationship and team-building skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Acts with a sense of urgency and a disciplined, outcome-based approach to getting things done.
- Proven understanding of IT policies, strategies and standards.
- Exhibits a dissatisfaction with the status quo; a clear understanding of the balance between action and delay.
- Deep understanding how each business intersects and converges with key IT functions.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills, a desire to collaborate, build rapport, add value and effectively problem-solve with your direct support teams and the broader teams throughout the enterprise.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, humility, credibility and a commitment to the overall corporate mission.
- Has a track record for finding innovative ways to bring teams together to problem-solve for greatest efficiency and effectiveness.
- Agile and decisive; can work with an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also leading to clarity and solutions; adapts quickly and effectively to change.
- Well-versed in and accustomed to addressing executives, vendors, and partners.
- Ability to influence and persuade through advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and influence in a cross-functional matrix environment
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong customer orientation with proven record of developing sustained effective, healthy relationships
- Managing Self
- Deep Critical Thinker
- Extreme Ownership
- Reflective Listening
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Situation Adaptability
- Evidence Based Decision Making
- Effective Collaboration
- Outstanding Communicator
- Developing and building a team
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Relationship and Personal Leadership
- Technical and Job Effectiveness
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. One of the following preferred: MBA, CPCU
Local, regional travel requirements up to 50% of time