Reporting directly to the Head of the Western Regional Office, the Assistant Regional Director is a critical role responsible for helping to drive and execute on growth strategy for this region, which represents a ~$4B portfolio across 9 states. In addition to generating new business, this person will act as a team lead and coach for a senior mortgage production team of 10+ professionals across the region.
- Leadership and Management
- Serve as back up to the Regional Director responsible for a large, multi-state agricultural investment operation
- Supervise and coach an active production team of 10+ across the region
- Develop and maintain trusted, effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including existing and prospective customers
- Maintain an active network among agricultural investment and lending professionals and industry leaders
- Loan OriginationProvide credit review and loan closing support in order to attain aggressive business goals
- Approve loans within delegated authority and sponsor deals for presentation to Agricultural Credit Committee
- Provide front end deal guidance to origination team with regard to loan pricing, structure and risk assessments
- Portfolio Management
- Responsible for portfolio management and credit quality of agricultural loans totaling over $4 billion
- Instill and deliver exceptional customer service with the highest of ethical standards to a large client base
- Partner with Loan Servicing team on relevant operational needs, e.g. reamortization and collateral strategies
- Proactively address risk exposures
- Reports to: Director, Head of Western Regional Office, Agricultural Finance
- Direct reports/team: No direct reports, team of 10
- Key Stakeholders: Agricultural Finance Regional Directors, Head of Real Estate & Ag Operations, Ag Strategies Group, Loan Servicing team
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10-15+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of closing successful agricultural debt deals
- Strong credit and analytical skills, superior knowledge of lending principles, credit procedures, collateral and credit
- Extensive agricultural lending experience, ideally including experience in core regional crops (e.g. nut crops, dairy, vegetables, citrus, vineyards, etc)
- Experience with loan workouts, including those requiring complex solutions analysis, helpful but not required
- Extensive years of Real estate valuation knowledge and skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication; comfortable in public speaking roles
- Highly professional in all circumstances as a representative of MetLife and MetLife Agricultural Finance on a regional, and sometimes national, platform
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Banking as well as any other related field of expertise; MBA a plus.
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company's strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company's vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity – Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Grows Talent – Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Models our Values – Creates a culture that promotes the company's values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
- Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.