Design, document, develop, configure, test, and maintain mission-critical applications and data solutions. Investigate and resolve system problems. Provide information system solutions to internal departments and external customers and partners. Analyze requirements, understanding business processes and needs. Recommend solutions to achieve the business goals. Complete projects with cross-functional teams of IT peers and business partners. Manage time and requirements expectations to ensure a high degree of stakeholder and user satisfaction.
- Develop standardized parameterized reports using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services from multiple data sources.
- Support end users on the use of reports and reporting tools.
- Actively participate in the Data Quality improvement process by making recommendations to simplify data structures and improve information quality.
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements and reduce waste using the LEAN methodology.
- Troubleshoot and resolve reporting issues; data inconsistencies, scheduling, query performance.
- Keep current on current trends, best practices and technologies in BI and make appropriate recommendations to technology planning team.
- Design and implement multi-dimensional models or "Cubes" to meet specific business requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Develop, program, and configure mission-critical applications and/or web portals. Assess user requirements and provide input to departments. Liaise with other IT staff to improve system efficiency, security, and functionality.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve potential and evident system problems. Provide troubleshooting support to other staff.
- Prepare systems specifications, project plans, and other internal documents. Ensure users and partners understand nature of work being performed, as well as timeframes and milestones. Provide regular status updates to supervisors and stakeholders.
- Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience: At least one year of relevant experience in software development and analysis in a business environment.
Education, Certificates, Licenses: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics or closely related field.
Knowledge: Requires ability to define and prioritize problems in a timely manner. Manage workload within a team environment or without direct supervision. Investigate and resolve data anomalies and/or software defects. Conform to IT standards and methodologies. Must be able to take direction from a knowledge holder that could be a manager, technical staff or user. Quickly learn and apply new business or technical concepts.