$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Purpose & Scope:
Responsible for directing human resource policies and programs that support achievement of the company's business objectives. Directs human resources activities for assigned organizations within Astellas, functioning as a human resources "generalist". Remains informed of state and federal laws and regulations, and competitive practices, ensuring the company's policies and programs conform to laws and regulations and are designed to attract and retain employees.
Partners with management for assigned organizations within Astellas, in support of business objectives. Serves as an employee advocate on business issues.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Plans and executes new programs that support the long-range strategic direction of the company, within assigned organizations. This may include staffing, compensation, benefits, development, and other human resources initiatives.
* Works with senior management to proactively identify HR issues and creative solutions to support the business needs. This may include conducting exit interviews, and/or analyzing exit interview trends. Coaches managers and employees, as appropriate. Develops, proposes, and implements plans to address issues.
* Directs implementation of the Standards for Disciplinary Action Policy for assigned organizations. This includes managing investigations involving misconduct, and working with managers and employees to address unacceptable performance. Makes recommendations on disciplinary action for misconduct and unacceptable performance.
* Works with management for assigned organizations on job and organization design, job descriptions and postings, and interviewing and selection. Participates in recruiting for strategic positions; oversees recruiting for other positions.
* Works with management for assigned organization on compensation issues. Collaborates with Compensation team to ensure jobs are accurately evaluated in a timely manner, and that total compensation is competitive.
* Directs implementation of the Performance Development System (PDS) for assigned organizations. This includes developing objectives, appraising performance, and paying for performance, working with compensation.
* Ensures that human resources policies and programs assist managers in attaining business objectives for assigned organizations. Protects interests of employees in accordance with company's policies and applicable labor, and pay and benefits laws and regulations. Works with management for assigned organizations in EEO compliance and in the development of plans to achieve AAP goals.
* Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the responsibility delineated below, this position is responsible for the HR service provision of employee relations and approximately 15% of the employee population of the Americas Region.
This position reports to the Executive Director or Director HR. This position can also serve as a member of and sits on the senior leadership teams of one or more client functions.
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business
* Minimum 10 years related experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industries. 7 years managerial or project management experience.
* Demonstrated Human Resources generalist knowledge required, specifically including employment law.
* Incumbent must have demonstrated ability to work in a challenging, multi-cultural work environment.
* Ability to manage confidential information imperative, including influencing others to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Some travel required, up to 30% depending on assigned organizations; may require international travel.
* Master's degree.
Valid Through: 2019-10-10