We're looking for an Application Engineer II who can help us build and extend our platform of foundational tools and services. The right individual embraces the opportunity to tackle challenging problems and drives continual improvement. They will work with the cutting edge of technology, including Amazon Web Services, Kong, Docker, Jenkins, Chef, Splunk, Python, Java, and more.
What you'll do:
- Develop innovative solutions that solve complex infrastructure problems at scale.
- Build foundational tools that enable us to operate services safely and securely, focusing on performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Help our team grow with good judgment, sound decision making, and spreading knowledge.
- Develop best practices that ensure operational excellence across software teams.
- Provide support and consultation for service/network architectures, production incidents, and operational activities.
Who you are:
To thrive in this role, you must have…
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- A record of continued growth with ever-increasing responsibilities in previous roles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A collaborative spirit with the ability to work across disciplines to influence, learn and deliver.
- A strong understanding of computer science and software development principles
- Practical experience with security and networking technologies and principles.
- Extensive experience with Linux administration and engineering.
- Experience building Continuous Delivery solutions with tools such as Jenkins, Chef, etc.
- Demonstrated experience building solutions with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or other relevant Cloud Infrastructure solutions like Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
- Travel and/or other e-commerce experience is a plus.