The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to Accounting Operations. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. The Accounting Manager supervises the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting operations activities. This role will lead by example, support and encourage the team, and promote Zonar Values.
This role requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment. This role is customer-oriented results driven, and passionate about delivering innovative quality services to delight our customers. To be successful, this role will need to work well in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end team close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of month end backup and reports.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Collaborates with team leads and other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine requests.
- Responds to inquiries from the SVP. of Finance, Controller, and other finance and companywide managers.
- Supervise the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed, along with implementing a cross-training plan.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work toward, and achieve, scheduled deadlines under pressure
- Strong computer skills, with an above average knowledge of Microsoft Office products. (Strong proficiency in Excel preferred)
- Experience with monthly software as a service recurring ("Monthly Recurring Revenue") billing preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Navision a plus
- Experience with Sales Tax reporting/Avalara a plus
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience required; Bachelor Degree in Accounting a plus
- 7+ years of experience working in the field of Accounting
- Supervisory or managerial experience required
Founded in 2001, Zonar has pioneered smart fleet management technology by providing innovative technology that has changed fleet operations in the vocational, pupil and commercial trucking industries. With a unique focus on this field, the Company offers a complete suite of solutions and specialized platforms for our customers in multiple markets. Our patented, award-winning technology keeps fleet owners and managers connected to their fleets and drivers to dispatchers. Zonar has a proven history of continuous innovation on behalf of our customers, providing products that efficiently and easily track commercial fleets and assets, streamline reporting and significantly increasing safety while saving cost. Leveraging a portfolio of 150+ patents, we are building upon these data and related analytics services to create the next generation of software and services for the 15M target customers in the US alone.