The Accounting Manager applies accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. This position maintains and oversees the accounts and records for disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income. The incumbent will also compile and analyze financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review/verify for accuracy.
The Accounting Manager will report to the Controller.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Serve as Accra's Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) coordinator. Manage Accra tester and control owners to complete quarterly testing within specified deadlines.
- Manage Accra's weekly inventory Excess and Obsolescense review process and calculation.
- Assist with the preparation and review of company financial statements and statistical reporting, including journal entries
- Review, analyze, and reconcile GL accounts including payables, receivables, cash, pre-paid, fixed assets, and accrued liabilities
- Assist in month-end close process within deadlines
- Support and assist the budget generation process
- May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- May occasionally perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability
- Experience with ERP systems for general accounting and consolidation purposes
- Good working knowledge of the Accounts Payable/ Accounts Receivable process
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully manage many issues/projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of management
- Able to work productively and independently
- Demonstrated understanding and application of U.S. GAAP
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years' accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) reporting experience is preferred
- Previous public accounting experience with manufacturing clients is a plus