The OEM Account Executive at ConMet is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with Purchasing, Engineering, Sales & Marketing and Service personnel at our select Commercial Vehicle OEM accounts. The primary goal is to optimize the position of ConMet products as either standard equipment or the preferred option on the vehicles manufactured.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains direct relationships at all levels with the customer including Corporate HQ, field sales/service personnel, and all plant locations in order to maximize the value of ConMet's brand and penetration of our products.
- Ensures ConMet is actively engaged in all activities and strategy at all levels within the customer's organization relative to our core products, services and innovation programs.
- Provides leadership and mentoring for the onsite engineer and supporting team.
- Maintains an active line of communication with ConMet-Vancouver on any significant activity/changes within the customer.
- Responsible for constantly improving ConMet's ability to identify new product and/or service opportunities within DTNA to sell the ConMet value proposition in a highly competitive market.
- Maintains onsite representation and call routine at OEM account corporate locations to foster sales of ConMet products.
- Face to face customer contact with Purchasing, Engineering, Sales & Marketing, Service and Executive Officers.
- Visits OEM plant locations to assess the usage and application of ConMet products.
- Reviews Warranty claims and product returns to contain financial exposure and to monitor performance of products.
- Maintains contact with ConMet customer service, engineering, field service, and plant locations. Become the primary liaison between ConMet and its customers.
- Overcomes objections to the use of premium priced aluminum products in a traditionally price sensitive market and maintains long-term relationships in the face of continued pressure for price-down concessions and margin erosion.
- Ensures profitability by negotiating pricing while maximizing market-share potential.
- Continues to offer added value to the current product offerings and therefore tie ConMet tighter to the customer.
- Secures and communicate competitive information on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree required; Engineering majors preferred
- Five or more years of engineering and/or business development experience working on products (or services) for Commercial Vehicle OEMs required
- Significant experience working closely with a variety of contacts within major CV OEM's highly preferred
- Experience with plastic vehicle components required
- Ability to travel (primarily to various customer plants and ConMet locations) in the US and Mexico as needed
- Knowledge of the N.A. commercial vehicle market sufficient to provide guidance and vision to the company and staff, preferred
- Career history characterized by strong employers operating in growth environments, stability in employment and success in assignments.
- Ability to effectively and professionally present strategic concepts and plans, product value propositions, technical requirements and benefits of proposals to customers and management team.
- Must have history of impeccable integrity, ethics and fair play.
- Expert level knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers and visitors.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve and lead problem-solving activities of a team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new uncapped vacation plan.
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)