Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.
Analytical testing of various vegetable oils using Stratas SOPs. Testing of samples at various points in the process, production samples, inbound and outbound truck samples.
1. Communicate to management when test results indicate that corrective action is necessary
2. Prioritize oil samples as they arrive in the laboratory
3. Complete analytical testing and paperwork in a timely manner
4. Enter all analysis into data base (TLC)
5. Learn procedures as necessary
6. Develop a thorough enough understanding of laboratory processes and procedures
7. Attend all training and safety meetings as scheduled
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required
Related Experience: Three (3) years' previous laboratory experience preferred
Equipment/Software Skills: Basic data entry skills required
1. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, Gather and analyzes information skillfully
2. Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, Pursues training and development opportunities, Shares expertise with others
3. Initiative - Volunteers readily, Seeks increased responsibilities, Asks for and offers help when needed
4. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance
Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and stand. The employee will also be required to use hands, arms and fingers.
Sensory: Visual, speaking, and touch is essential.
Mental/Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, and any other legally protected status.