Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare (TMH) is a private, not-for-profit community healthcare system founded in 1948 Located in Tallahassee, Florida, United States and serving a 16-county region in North Florida and South Georgia, TMH comprises a 772-bed acute care hospital, a psychiatric hospital, multiple specialty care centers, three residency programs, 22 affiliated physician practices, and partnerships with Doctors’ Memorial Hospital, UF Health, and Weems Memorial Hospital. In a small room at a former Air Force base known as Dale Mabry Field, five men and one woman officially formed Tallahassee Memorial Hospital. The hospital was a wooden barracks used by the military during World War II. On November 4, 1949 the hospital known as Tallahassee Memorial Hospital opened its doors at its present location at Magnolia Drive and Miccosukee Road at a total cost of $1.5 million, plus $6,000 for the land. Tallahassee Memorial gained national recognition in 1954 for its effective handling of a polio-like virus that hit Floridas Big Bend and on September 10, 1958 TMH expanded with the addition of a new wing housing an emergency department, a medical floor, obstetrics service, and surgical services. On October 19, 1964, M.T. Mustian was appointed administrator of Tallahassee Memorial. His leadership lasted for 25 years. In 1967 TMH assumed the operations of Florida A&M Hospital. In 1974 The Family Practice Residency program opened and helped alleviate the hospitals shortage of doctors. On June 30, 1976 TMH becomes Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center, Inc. In 1977 Tallahassee Memorial helped establish Voluntary Hospitals of America to unify non-profit hospitals nationwide. In 1978 The TMH Auxiliary provided 40,932 hours and purchased a heart-lung machine for $24,460 and a portable image intensifier for $43,500.