Steelhouse Lane police station is a police station in central Birmingham, England. It was built for the Birmingham City Police and opened in 1933 as their Central Police Station, replacing a Victorian station on the same site. It remains in use by their successor, the West Midlands Police, but is proposed for closure and sale. The carvings over the entrances, including the coat of arms of Birmingham, are by the local sculptor William Bloye. The station sits on a plot of land at the rear of the former Victoria Law Courts (now a magistrates' court), which was originally acquired for the extension of the court building. The 1933 station itself, in neo-Georgian style is not a listed building, but the adjacent, late-nineteenth century cell block on the corner of Coleridge Passage was given Grade II protection on 8 July 1982 for its special architectural interest: the three-story building has a brick and terra cotta facade with many ornaments, and it has a slate roof. The station sits in Birmingham City Councils Steelhouse Lane conservation area, which was designated in October 1993. A tunnel links the cell block to the courts.