Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP is a U.S. law firm based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, founded in Philadelphia in 1935 by former Pennsylvania Attorney General William A. Schnader, Bernard G. Segal, a former Deputy Attorney General serving under Schnader, and Francis A. Lewis. The firm was initially named Schnader & Lewis. Eventually, Segal was added as a name partner. The fourth name partner, Earl G. Harrison, joined the firm in 1948. Today, the firm has more than 180 attorneys in seven offices nationwide. In 1935, after losing his bid for Governor of Pennsylvania, William A. Schnader decided to start his own law firm. He was joined by Bernard G. Segal, who had served as a Deputy Attorney General under Schnader, and Francis A. Lewis, who had been Schnaders campaign treasurer. Earl G. Harrison, the former dean of the University of Pennsylvania Law School and former Commissioner of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, joined the firm in 1948, becoming the fourth name partner. The Schnader firm expanded over the years, opening offices in Washington, D.C.; Wilmington, Delaware; New York, New York; Cherry Hill, New Jersey; and, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The firm operated a branch office in Atlanta, GA from 1992-2008 and fi opened its first West Coast office in San Francisco, California in 1999. In 2013, the firm entered into a non-exclusive association with the Jakarta-based law firm Yang & Co to provide representation to Indonesian companies and individuals requiring legal counsel in the U.S., and to U.S. companies and individuals requiring legal counsel in Indonesia. In 2014, Schnader announced the opening of an office in Melville, New York. The firm also greatly expanded its corporate capabilities by combining with the firm Mesirov Gelman Jaffe Cramer & Jamieson LLP in Philadelphia.