Northern Westchester Hospital (NWH) is a not-for-profit, 245-bed, all private room facility in Mount Kisco, New York serving residents of Northern Westchester, Putnam County, and Southern Dutchess County, as well as parts of Fairfield County, CT. Since its founding in 1916, the Northern Westchester Hospital community has been defined as the ten towns and villages in the immediate radius surrounding the hospital. The hospital’s broader ‘Region’ includes those additional towns located to the north into Putnam County, New York and to the East towards the Hudson River border of Westchester County, including west Fairfield County, Connecticut. With more than 700 physicians, Northern Westchester Hospital provides a wide range of patient-centered services through its Emergency Department, Womens Imaging Center, Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Clinical trials program, and Gamma Knife center. Northern Westchester Hospital is a designated training and case observation center for the da Vinci Surgical System in colorectal surgery. NWH breast surgeons provide Microvascular Surgery using the Novadaq SPY Imaging System. A number of bariatric surgical procedures are performed, including Stomach Intestinal Pylorus-Sparing Surgery (SIPS). Opening its doors in 1916, Northern Westchester Hospital consisted of 15 beds and 6 primary physicians. A committee composed of William Sloane, Moses Taylor, Joseph C. Baldwin, Jr., Edwin G. Merrill, John Henry Towne, Winthrop Cowdin, Cornelius R. Agnew, and Hiram E. Manville had been set up to organize the hospital and its creation. On May 8, 1916 the first hospital meeting was held, giving way to the historic election of the hospitals first president, William Sloane, and its first board of directors. Erected on a 2 ½ acre parcel of land, and filling 12 out of the initial 15 beds within its first day, NWH would soon prove to be a vital part of the community.