The Cleveland Clinic is a multispecialty academic hospital located in Cleveland, Ohio that is owned and operated by the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, an Ohio nonprofit corporation established in 1921. In addition to their flagship hospital in Cleveland, Cleveland Clinic also operates affiliated facilities in Florida, Nevada, Canada, and the United Arab Emirates. Cleveland Clinic grew out of the surgical practice of Frank J. Weed (died 1891) at 16 Church Street on the near west side of Cleveland. The practice was purchased by his two assistants, Frank E. Bunts and George Washington Crile. In 1892 they brought Criles cousin, William E. Lower into the practice. In 1897 they moved to the Osborn Building on Prospect Avenue in downtown Cleveland. A four-story outpatient building was constructed and Cleveland Clinic was dedicated at a private ceremony on February 26, 1921. It opened its doors two days later to the public and registered 42 patients. In April 1921, Cleveland Clinic had 60 employees, including 14 physicians and four nurses.