NewYork Presbyterian / Hudson Valley Hospital, frequently referred to as Hudson Hospital or simply HVHC, is an accredited non-profit hospital with 350 physicians and 1,300 employees in Cortlandt Manor, New York. Hudson was first founded in 1889 by the Helping Hands Association in the City of Peekskill after a group of community minded women raised $1,800 to purchase property on lower South Street. The hospital was known as the Helping Hand Hospital until 1911 when it was incorporated as Peekskill Hospital. In 1966, the hospital moved to its current location in Cortlandt Manor. It was renamed Hudson Valley Hospital in 1992 to reflect its high quality and expanded status as a regional facility.