Gray Plant Mooty (Gray, Plant, Mooty, Mooty & Bennett) is the oldest continuing law practice in Minneapolis. Gray Plant Mooty is a full-service law firm with offices in Minneapolis, MN, St. Cloud, MN, Fargo, ND and Washington, D.C. Gray Plant Mooty was founded in Minneapolis in 1866 by Charles Woods. The firm became Woods & Hahn in 1881 with the addition of Minnesota Attorney General William J. Hahn and Joseph R. Kingman to the firm. In 1977 the firm adopted its current name, Gray, Plant, Mooty, Mooty & Bennett, named for the attorneys Franklin Gray, Frank Plant, John Mooty, Melvin Mooty, and Russell Bennett. Gray Plant Mooty combined with Harstad and Rainbow in 1990, and the firm opened a second office in St. Cloud, Minnesota following a combination with Hall & Byers in 2002. Gray Plant Mooty opened a third office in Washington, D.C. in 2005 and a fourth office in Fargo, North Dakota in 2014. In June 2015, the firm announced a merger with Fargo firm Sandin Law.