Genuardis Family Markets L.P. was a chain of supermarkets located in the Northeastern United States. Genuardis was family-owned until it was purchased by Safeway in 2000. Genuardis had its headquarters in the Bentwood Executive Campus in East Norriton Township, Pennsylvania in Greater Philadelphia. After many of its remaining stores were sold or closed, there was a Safeway-owned store under the former chains name located in Audubon, Pennsylvania that remained open until May 2015. In 1920, Gaspare and Josephine Genuardi owned a farm near Norristown, Pennsylvania and grew fruits and vegetables. The couple went around to their neighbors delivering produce to them. Gaspare and Josphine were the parents of nine children. Of the nine were Charlie, Frank, Tom, Joe, and Jim who helped out with the business. The five sons soon became known as the "Genuardi brothers" by the customers.