UT Health East Texas - North Campus refers to the clinical operations of the University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler academic campus on U.S. Highway 271. UTHSCT was chartered in 1977 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents. UTHSCT is the only academic medical center in Northeast Texas. Located in Tyler, TX, UTHSCT was originally named "East Texas Tuberculosis Sanitarium", established in 1947 as a tuberculosis treatment facility at the location of the retired World War II U.S. Army Infantry Training Base called Camp Fannin. It eventually became a state hospital known as the East Texas Chest Hospital. Following the 1977 acquisition by The University of Texas System, it became The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler. The institution served Northeast Texas, as UT Health Northeast, until the 2018 expansion of clinical operations through a merger with the former East Texas Medical Center to form the clinical affiliate, UT Health East Texas.
Highest paying job titles at East Texas Medical Center Tyler include Director, Emergency Services, Internal Medicine Physician, and Cardiologist