Columbia Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a 25-bed medical facility in Astoria, Oregon. It is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Oregon Synod. Opened in 1927 at a different location, the hospital moved to its current location in 1977. A critical access hospital, its services include a level IV trauma center. The start of the hospital came in 1919 when the Finnish community started to raise money for a second hospital in Astoria, to be called Columbia Hospital. The Finnish community was unable to raise enough funds, so the Lutheran Churchs Augustana synod took over the fundraising. The hospital opened in 1927, located on 16th Street at Franklin Avenue. In 1958, operation of the hospital was taken over by a new corporation named Columbia Lutheran Charities, replacing the Augustana Lutheran Church. By at least 1970, the facility had been renamed Columbia Memorial Hospital. In 1970, Columbia Lutheran Charities, by this time the hospitals owner, bought St. Marys Hospital, which had been the first such facility in the city when it opened in 1880. At the time of this acquisition, that older hospital was located at 16th and Duane streets in a building constructed in 1931 adjacent to a 1905 building that replaced the original structure. The wood-frame 1905 building had already been out of use for several years.