The Anchor Bankside is a pub in the London Borough of Southwark. It is in the Bankside locality on the south bank of the Thames close to Southwark Cathedral and London Bridge station. A tavern establishment (under various names) has been at the pubs location for over 800 years. Behind the pub are buildings that were operated by the Anchor Brewery. Michelins travel guide states that Anchor Bankside was rebuilt in 1676 after the Great Fire of London in 1666 destroyed it. The book The Rough Guide to London states that the establishment was first built in 1770. The establishment was also rebuilt again in the 19th century. The establishment has been described as "Banksides oldest surviving tavern" in the book Secret Bankside: Walks in the Outlaw Borough.