Abington Hospital-Jefferson Health, formerly Abington Memorial Hospital (AMH), is the flagship hospital of Abington-Jefferson Health, located in Abington Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania in the northern suburbs of Philadelphia. The hospital has 665 beds and over 5,500 employees, including more than 1,100 physicians, and is one of the largest employers in Montgomery County. It has the only Level II trauma center in Montgomery County. Services offered at the hospital include The Pilla Heart Center, The Rosenfield Cancer Center, Neurosciences Institute, Orthopaedic and Spine Institute, Pennock Emergency Trauma Center, Diamond Stroke Center, Muller Institute for Senior Health, and the Institute for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. Abington Hospital-Jefferson Health is a non-profit, regional referral center and teaching hospital with five residency programs and operates the Dixon School of Nursing. According to legend, George W. Elkins, a landowner in Abington Township, often took people injured in area car accidents to Philadelphia. When someone died of their injuries on their way, it prompted him to get together with fifty people to raise funds to establish a hospital in Abington. The hospital was dedicated in 1913 as a memorial to Elkins' first wife Stella McIntire. Abington Memorial Hospital opened on May 15, 1914. In October 2014, Abington Health and Jefferson Health, the latter which owns Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, announced an intention to merge. An agreement was reached in January 2015 and the merger was completed on May 4, 2015, resulting in Abington-Jefferson Health.