Photo: JackPeasePhotography via Flickr
If you’ve ever dreamt of traveling the world and exploring new places, now might be your best chance to cross off a few destinations on your bucket list.
WOW Air is looking for a travel guide to cover as many of its 38 destinations (from Tel Aviv to Toronto, Salzburg to San Francisco, Montreal to Milan) as you can over the summer. The catch: You have to move to Iceland for the summer, accept compensation for this tortuous ordeal, and you get to bring a friend!
The Icelandic airline posted the job earlier this week and will accept applications until May 14, with the winner being announced on May 18.
If selected, you and your travel buddy will be whisked away to Reykjavik, Iceland (which will serve as your home base) to begin your new job on June 1 and you will each receive $4,000 a month in salary in addition to lodging and transportation.
The rules are simple: Create a 60-120 second video guide (solo or with a friend) of the city you’re in at this very moment (check out some of your competition here); upload your video to YouTube; wait to get picked.
Ladders is now on SmartNews!
Download the SmartNews app and add the Ladders channel to read the latest career news and advice wherever you go.
The mission is even simpler: Explore and create. And again, you’ll get paid to do this.
Among the things the airline is looking for from its travel pros according to the listing:
- Food: Find out the local secrets
- Culture: How to act like a local
- Nightlife: When and where to go…
- Nature: Wildlife, parks and beaches
- Transport: Uber, metro or bike?
- Budget: Discover ways to stay on budget
- Vlogs showcasing each destination
- Instagram stories with handy travel tips
- Photographs that frame your experience
- Any other form of creative media you can think of
- A complete digital travel guide to the destinations
So, grab those video cameras and head outside and show them why you should land this truly Dream Job (and if you need a “travel buddy” to join you, send me an email). Good luck!