Do you ever wonder how your employer ranks compared to others in the state or even the country?
Do you want to know what the top companies around the country all have in common?
Do you wonder if you would do better in your career if only you were at a different company?
What employer you work for can have a drastic impact not only on your career but also the quality of your life. How many times have you gone home and felt as if your work is sucking the life out of you? Turns out, going to work shouldn’t feel like you are marking time.
Follow Ladders on Flipboard!
There are employers that could reduce the stress of going to work, whether it is because of how well they compensate you for your time, how much upward mobility can you expect, how much stability and job security they provide, or how inclusive and diverse of a work environment they foster.
HERE IS A SUMMARY OF THE BEST COMPANIES:
- Companies in the Healthcare business are the most common employers on our list – 11 out of 50. This industry isn’t going anywhere, and it is only growing, thanks to the high longevity rate. They also pay their employees higher salaries and sizable bonusesstates
- Energy companies tend to be one of the most stable employers. 8 out of the 50 companies are in the Energy sector
- Banking corporations and other financial institutions that have been around for a while provide good pay and stability
- Generally, the older the company, the more stable your job is going to be
- Corporations like Walmart, Home Depot, General Motors may have a bad rap as not being worker friendly, but they rank as the best places to work for in their home states.
A NOTE ON METHODOLOGY
In order to come up with a ranking, we took a series of steps to systematically match what employers provide and what employees seek. The more matches the better the ranking.
We ranked each company on the scores for each of the following major characteristics: Salary/Pay, Company’s financial health, and Diversity. We averaged the three rankings into an overall company score.
We also compared jobs with the same titles across companies to determine how a particular company fared.
You can take a more detailed look at our Methodology that helped us determine the rankings.
BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR IN EACH STATE
|Alaska||State of Alaska|
|Georgia||The Home Depot|
|Hawaii||The Queen’s Medical Center|
|Indiana||Eli Lilly and Company|
|Massachusetts||Bain & Company|
|Mississippi||University of Mississippi Medical Center|
|Nevada||Southwest Gas Holdings Inc|
|New Hampshire||Planet Fitness|
|New Jersey||PTC Therapeutics|
|New York||Goldman Sachs|
|North Dakota||Altru Health System|
|Rhode Island||CVS Health|
|West Virginia||Allegheny Insurance Services|
This article originally appeared on Zippia.
You might also enjoy…
- New neuroscience reveals 4 rituals that will make you happy
- Strangers know your social class in the first seven words you say, study finds
- 10 lessons from Benjamin Franklin’s daily schedule that will double your productivity
- The worst mistakes you can make in an interview, according to 12 CEOs
- 10 habits of mentally strong people