At Ladders, we’re always looking for great content and thought leadership to share with our readers. Currently we publish a few guest articles per week. Below you will find all the details about the process for becoming a guest contributor.
What kind of content do you accept?
The Ladders Publication is dedicated to all career-driven professionals, from the recent college graduate to the experienced professional, looking to find a new job or get ahead in their career.
We accept content related to the job search, professional development, industry or professional insights, or career management. Please take a look at the other articles and topics in this section to get an idea of the content we would consider.
What are your guidelines?
- Please read these guidelines carefully before submitting an article. Your guest article must:
- Be of high quality and contain helpful tips and examples – no press releases or news stories
- Be original and not published elsewhere on the Internet
- Be non-promotional – no sales pitches endorsing a company or brand
- Contain between 400 and 1000 words
- Include a suggested title and subtitle
When submitting your article, please include a high-resolution head shot (suggested dimensions: 215 x 143 pixels or 150 x 150 pixels) and a two-sentence byline about the author. Feel free to link back to your site and your primary social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+) in your byline.
How do I submit my guest article?
If you have an article that meets these guidelines, please email us the article for consideration.
What else do I need to know?
- We check and respond to all guest article submissions twice a month, so it may take up to two weeks before we get back to you.
- Our team will check to make sure articles are appropriate for publication. Articles that do not meet the guidelines above, contain inappropriate language or inaccurate statements, or are deemed too promotional will be rejected.
- If we decline to use your article, you are free to use it in your own publication or to propose it as a guest article to another website.
- Articles that are accepted will receive a light copy edit, but no major architectural edits.
- We will email you with the URL to the article and scheduled publish date and time prior to publication.
We look forward to hearing from you!
More from Ladders
- Gabrielle Union on why women need to stop feeling ‘lucky’ when someone likes their idea
- One of Oprah’s favorite thought leaders says these are the only 3 questions you need to ask yourself
- Starbucks debuts its first protein-packed coffee
- 3 things to do when someone breaks your trust at work
- This is the best state to have a child in this year