Though Millennial Pink has been ruling the fashion racks, feminine brands, and stationery stores for the last few years, it is time for a new color to be in according to many of the designers who showcased at New York Fashion Week this month. Living Coral may be 2019’s Pantone Color of the Year, but the color that will truly rule fashion is purple.
Follow Ladders on Flipboard!
Various shades of the lush color were seen on the runways of Derek Lam, Michael Kors, Anna Sui, Kate Spade New York and many others. Lauren Alexander Fisher of Harper’s Bazaar wrote of the trend, “Done in sweater, suit, and dress form, the hue makes for a fresh contender to spice up your mostly black fall wardrobe.
Christian Siriano truly had a show stopper with his creation of a V-neck high-low tiered tulle gown in a regal purple made for a queen.
The color purple is often associated with very creative or eccentric types but it is also heavily linked to royalty (it was the color of the Ceasars and let’s not forget it was Prince’s, musical royalty, signature color.)
You might also enjoy…
- New neuroscience reveals 4 rituals that will make you happy
- Strangers know your social class in the first seven words you say, study finds
- 10 lessons from Benjamin Franklin’s daily schedule that will double your productivity
- The worst mistakes you can make in an interview, according to 12 CEOs
- 10 habits of mentally strong people