Good Monday morning,
Does your company need more women professionals? Well, of course, they do.
Here’s what you can do to help in about 1 minute.
On your Ladders networking page, it is “one tap” easy to refer the high-end women professionals you know to jobs.
Referring professionals helps you in 5 ways.
1. Helps you earn cash. Typical referral bonuses at Fortune 1000 companies and high-powered startups these days can range from $2,000 to $10,000 for hires. Companies have found that referrals are easier to hire, stay with the firm longer, and adjust more rapidly to company culture. That’s why they’re willing to reward you with cash for making successful referrals.
2. Helps raise the bar. When Ladders $100K+ Club started in 2003, the gender split in our traffic was approximately 75% male, 25% female, accurately representing the nation at that time. In the past 15 years, we’ve seen the ratio climb to 58% male and 42% female this year.
In the future, we’ll see 50-50 gender split in America’s professional class, and we launched #ReferHer in March to help get us there.
But you don’t have to wait. You can help raise the bar right now by referring qualified female professionals to the high-end roles at your company.
3. Helps your company. It’s good to remember that this helps your company too. Referring high-level professionals to your employer, in this tough, low-unemployment environment, helps your company expand and grow. Which means more opportunities for you.
4. Helps your friend. Your friend, former colleague, or business contact benefits also. Even if they don’t end up saying yes, the process of being recruited, getting additional exposure, and seeing new opportunities, improves their career prospects. And that makes you a great friend.
5. Helps your career. Being the type of person who recruits for your company, and makes extra-curricular contributions, is a terrific way to show that you make a difference at your employer. It helps you stand apart. And it helps you brand yourself as a forward-thinking contributor to your company’s success. All smart moves for your next promotion….
Now the important thing to remember is that Ladders Referrals makes it possible for you to refer anyone you think is qualified to the open jobs at your company. We don’t limit the opportunities by gender or any other demographic. We just sort your contacts, women to the top, with the guys coming after. “Ladies first” one might say.
So if you’re looking to get ahead #ReferHer, and make your wallet, nation, company, friends, and career proud!
I’m rooting for you!
Marc Cenedella, Founder