When you're looking for a job, who needs more distractions?
You've already got your hands full, and the last thing you want is worry about how to pay for the hunt. Unfortunately, with today's economy, credit-card companies are pulling back, and that can leave you in a tight spot when it comes to keeping the lights on and your job search moving.
Our team of editors here at TheLadders.com has put together excellent advice on conserving your credit during this downturn. With layoffs, smaller bonuses, and cutbacks, keeping your credit score high and your credit lines available is more important than ever.
Some of their top hints:
2. Keep your cards – don't close accounts so your FICO score stays high.
5. Carry a balance – banks are cutting unutilized lines.
11. More than FICO – other factors impact your credit-worthiness.
12. Right-sized cards – ensure you're using the right cards.
14. Find off-card debt – this can look less risky to credit providers.
For all of their advice, please click here, and be sure to download their PDF checklist to make sure you've covered all your bases.
Click on image to download PDF checklist
OK, folks, have a great week!
Founder & CEO