Folks, our Editorial team here at TheLadders does a great job of putting together articles on how to make your job hunt better (and shorter). I'm afraid this very helpful advice is getting overlooked with everything going on in the world right now, and I want to make sure that you are reading these compilations of advice, industry experts' insights and insiders' tips and tricks to finding your next job.
The Editors here have been very, very diplomatic in handling these tough topics. In an effort to cut through the clutter, I've given these pieces blunter, more irreverent descriptions so you don't have to "read between the lines" – these articles are here to help you with problems you may not know you have. Please read them carefully! (To the guys out there – I am talking about you in #4 and #8!)
So without further ado, here are my picks for the Top 10 news packages we've published this year:
1. Computers can't read – here's how to make your resume computer–friendly.
2. Age discrimination – it exists. Now what are we going to do about it?
3. The taxman cometh, your job goeth. How to make the job hunt tax-efficient.
4. Dude, lose the sweatpants while you're unemployed, OK?
5. What you absolutely must know about headhunters.
6. "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" – how to stop job–loss anger from stopping you.
7. What naughty things are your future employers reading about you right now?
8. Yes, tie clips are out of style – try not to look like you're past the expiration date, OK?
9. Job Hunt 101 – you think you know this stuff. You don't. Please read.
10. Who moved my industry? What do you do when your industry evaporates?
And, of course, you can find everything we publish in our News & Advice section here.
Many thanks to Matthew, John, and Katie on our editorial team for their outstanding work. I hope you put their excellent insights to good use.
Have a great week, Readers...
Founder & CEO