This position has just been filled.
Join TheLadders.com now for access to 44 open jobs.
Chartis Inc. has an opportunity for a Vice President of International Casualty Claims Operations.
The primary purpose of the job includes:
- Management of Casualty Claims’ International operations, and finance-related activities (expense management, salaries, footprint, etc).
- Providing Operations support to the head of the International Casualty Home Office. The International Casualty Home Office is the single point of contact for worldwide Casualty Claims and is a combination of both former CLMD and WorldSource Casualty Claims staff.
- This role will expand to include being a key Operations liaison with the Global Claims Initiative (GCI) team, ensuring consistency among Global Casualty Claims operations and systems.
- Preparation of expense and headcount budgets for the International Casualty Home Office claims group and execution of its claims mission in compliance with the approved budget.
- Creation, maintenance and analysis of international Casualty claims data with clear accountability for data quality and the optimization of the available claim systems.
- Provide international claims data and support needed by the Global team (underwriting, actuarial, claims, reinsurance) in order to contribute to improved underwriting results.
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the claims operations, processes and systems.
- Execution of those strategies the Claims group has in common with other parts of Claims or Chartis Global Commercial (examples: iClaims, eWork, QAG, GCI, Legal eXchange), as appropriate.
- Interaction with the Claim Processing Centers that handle International Casualty claims and are not directly managed by the Claims Officer.
- Responsible for overseeing a portion of the Global Casualty Claims’ Operations team, and partnering with Global Claims Technology on determining system improvements, helping to steer priorities, and developing project schedules, budget and scope.
- Support and promote robust compliance and risk framework within the organization that complements and support overall Chartis compliance framework.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strategic orientation, managing vision and purpose, developing organizational capability
• Strong influencing and communications skills and ability to work across multiple areas of company and with external constituents
• Proven ability to lead and manage change
• Broad-based global operations, systems and finance-related experience with exposure to Casualty claims
• Preferred minimum of 10-plus years of experience
• Strong problem-solving skills, including experience resolving complex issues.
• Process analytics and proven capability to develop and implement solutions.
• Compliance and Risk Management expertise preferred
• Experience managing cross-functional teams strongly preferred
• Prior experience and success partnering with remote locations, with international exposure strongly preferred
Online application instructions: At the Chartis home page (http://www. .com), click on the Careers at Chartis icon, selecting “Search for Jobs.” Choose the Location, which will bring up a “Search Results” screen. Click on the rectangular Search button and in the “Search by Job ID” field at the bottom right, enter 68833 and click on the Search button again.
BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT $100K+ POSITIONS FOR YOU - BEFORE THEY'RE FILLED!
As a member of TheLadders, you'll have access to:
You deserve a better way to search.
Join TheLadders today.