This position has just been filled.
Join TheLadders.com now for access to 34 open jobs.
Vice President Medical Management Services
Job ID 2012-18559 # Positions 1
Search Category Health Care Administration
Type Regular Full-Time (30+ hours) Posted Date 8/24/2012
Additional Locations ..
More information about this job:
The VP of Health Care Management is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of the integrated Medical Management Programs. These initiatives will include the establishment of indicators for monitoring and evaluating quality care, appropriateness, continuous improvement, member satisfaction, utilization, and case management across the continuum of care to members. Provides education in the area of healthcare management. Maintains liaison with state regulatory agencies. Participates in accreditation of plan with the National Committee of Quality assurance. Develop professional relationships with community agencies.
1. Directs and provides leadership for designing, developing, and implementing the local plan integrated medical management program to meet the demographic and epidemiological needs of the population serviced.
2. Directs Healthcare Management Program for membership including pediatrics, obstetrics, NICU, Behavioral Health and other services.
3. Establishes objectives and annual goals in conjunction with the Medical Director to meet objectives established by the Plan CEO/COO and corporate HCMS.
4. Directs daily activities for utilization management staff.
5. Promotes plan-wide understanding, communication, and coordination of Integrated Medical Management Programs.
6. Works with provider relations, QI and Health Promotions to develop and implement effective provider communications, quality assurance and member outreach programs.
7. Oversees the provision of case management services for cases involving complex, chronic, or catastrophic illness or injury.
8. Provides expert consultation to local plan staff on benefits interpretation and utilization and quality management matters.
9. Analyzes validity of quality/healthcare management data/reports.
10. Coordinates on a quarterly basis reporting of quality initiatives to all appropriate plan committees.
11. Supports ensure compliance with National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
12. Assures compliance with state and Federal utilization requirements.
13. Monitors and makes recommendations for oversight of utilization management delegated services.
14. Participates in Disease Management Program initiatives.
15. Assists in developing the annual operating and capital budgets to sufficiently meet departmental needs.
16. Ensures that department stays within budget and accounts for variances.
17. Interviews, manages, evaluates, and develops departmental staff.
18. Works collaboratively with key health care professionals toward identification of opportunities for improvement, trend analysis, education and development of appropriate action plans for problems resolution.
19. Develops presentations on Integrated Medical Management activities for a variety of audiences.
Bachelor???s Degree required;
Preferred: MSN, MSW, MPH or MPA
Years and Type of Experience Required:Required:
- Must have five years management experience.
- Must have five years clinical experience. (Post Masters for Behavioral Health)
- Must have at least five years of current experience in quality management and/or utilization management in a managed care setting.
- Previous experience with NCQA accreditation and HEDIS reporting.
Certifications or Licensure Required:
- Licensed Healthcare Professional (RN, LLSW, LPC)
- Must have a valid driver???s license and access to a motor vehicle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with physicians and other health care providers as well as with multi-disciplinary teams across department lines.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of basic computers.
- Customer focus.
- Multi-task oriented, ability to follow-up on numerous complex problems.
- Some travel required.
- Appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity towards target population.
- Leadership-sets a clear direction for integrated medical care.
- Must be able to operate a telephone.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Must be able to travel on common carrier and adhere to AMERIGROUP???s travel policies
BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT $100K+ POSITIONS FOR YOU - BEFORE THEY'RE FILLED!
As a member of TheLadders, you'll have access to:
You deserve a better way to search.
Join TheLadders today.