This position has just been filled.
Join TheLadders.com now for access to 77 open jobs.
Supervisor, Pipeline (Grand Cane, LA)-0002VE
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products and its affiliates have over 6,500 employees. Enterprise's large integrated, geographical portfolio of assets provides multiple opportunities to grow through internal growth projects and through acquisitions. Enterprise service offerings include onshore and offshore energy gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, transportation and marketing for crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids and refined products. To maximize the value of its interests, Enterprise's team utilizes an array of options that provides innovative solutions to create growth opportunities for the partnership and build value for investors. Energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products through exciting new growth areas, developing markets and innovative ways to provide energy solutions to customers.
The Pipeline Supervisor will provide leadership and supervision for a given area of natural pipeline facilities and will plan, supervise and direct all operations and maintenance activities of the operations. With responsibilities to include:
- Ensures safe operations of the facilities and pipelines.
- Supervises and monitors area staff to include work scheduling and documented job training and ensure each employee is competent to perform assigned job duties.
- Assists the Manager with the daily and periodic administrative tasks incidental to area operations and maintenance such as the preparation or verification of operating and maintenance reports, accounting records, receipt and delivery tickets, and other documents required by the Company or government entity.
- Assists Manager in working with Engineering personnel and shared services personnel during and after construction projects for additional pipelines and capital projects when appropriate.
- Ensures staff and contractors comply with all applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and requirements.
- Promotes and ensures full compliance with Company safety programs.
- Ensures full compliance with all Company standards, procedures, practices, and policies.
- Works with Scheduling and others to provide a superior level of service to each of our Customers.
- Reviews records for area staff of time worked, expense reports, vehicle reports, and other work reports.
- Evaluates the performance of each direct report and provides annual feedback to the employee and the Operations Manager.
- Maintains a working knowledge of environmental regulations and Company policies concerning the handling and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Inspects area facilities on a routine basis to ensure fitness for service.
- Recommends capital improvements and replacements, and asset retirements.
- Assists the Manager in area spending to stay within approved budgets and assists in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Assists the Manager in forecasting and requisitioning supplies, materials, and equipment needed for the operations and maintenance of area facilities.
- Assists in periodic internal and outside agency audits to ensure full compliance with all applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and requirements.
- Assists in development of new business activities and the expansion of existing business activities.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Prior supervisory experience in pipeline operations is required.
- 5 + years operating/engineering experience in gas pipeline operations is preferred.
- Strong management, planning, organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong communications (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with regulatory agencies, company contacts, customers and employees.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Office applications and in other menu driven programs used by the company.
- Understand budgeting and financial processes.
- Strong problem solving skills. Ability to resolve operational problems and be able to work with location personnel to resolve the problem.
- Knowledge of various laws governing pipelines including but not limited to OSHA, DOT, EPA, etc.
- Must have ability to work in and effectively supervise and lead in a team environment.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Must live or be willing to relocate to within 1 hour of reporting location.
Primary Location: USA-Louisiana-Grand Cane
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Job: Pipeline Operations
Job Level: Manager
BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT $100K+ POSITIONS FOR YOU - BEFORE THEY'RE FILLED!
As a member of TheLadders, you'll have access to:
You deserve a better way to search.
Join TheLadders today.