This position has just been filled.
Join TheLadders.com now for access to 16 open jobs.
Responsible for end user computing technical support, and local operations and administration of workstation components. Performs troubleshooting of software, hardware, network, and communication components as required. Monitors system performance, performs system backups, creates user accounts, and assigns access privileges. Controls user access and passwords.
- Provide Global AFSOF Command and Control Mission Support (C2MS) reach-back support for ingarrison and deployed AFSOF. This includes running the Mission Systems Support Center (MSSC) at Hurlburt Field and its associated hotline. The MSSC provides a global help desk for C2MS issues for all AFSOF units.
- Log, track, coordinate, and ensure C2MS issues raised by AFSOF personnel and units, regardless of location, are solved, including solving issues via the phone, e-mail, remote computer access, and potentially on-site, if applicable.
- Contact and coordinate with internal and external agencies, and on-call experts, as required, to quickly solve issues using knowledge management practices to ensure notification procedures, key experts and external support agencies are documented and identified within and external to the C2MS team.
- Monitor multiple standard and military communications devices (e-mail, phone, webpage, beeper, etc...) to ensure receipt of support requests. MSSC contact information shall be published to all global AFSOF units.
- Provide dedicated operations and maintenance support for additional databases on the Hurlburt Field SAMS-C2 servers, global SATCOM gateway (KuSS, Ka, or X) that connects to SIPRNet and NIPRNet, an associated media server, a global tactical radio exchange server (part of the AOC weapon system), and global radio frequency (RF) e-mail gateway to enable e-mail transfer from tactical radios to SIPRNet. In addition, the contractor shall provide global management of RF e-mail address books, and network all RF e-mail and RoIP capabilities across the 623 AOC, 623 AOC/OLs, and theater SOC components as required. The services support all AFSOF, especially those without dedicated C2MS support.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Troubleshooting user accounts, workstation/server/network/storage components, and operating systems/applications; resolving issues when possible, or escalating issues to other service groups.
- Tracking problem resolution efforts to ensure customer issues are properly addressed.
- Coordinating with user community to collect customer requirements and resolve operational issues.
- Monitoring systems performance; ensuring systems backups execute as scheduled.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
2+ years experience working in a mixed operating system environment. Candidate must have a strong background supporting global Active Directory (AD) infrastructure in a mixed Windows and UNIX environment.
- Knowledge base shall include AD, DDNS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, TFTP, RTP, SCCP, HTTP, NAS, AVVID, VoIP. MS Back-office, COTS and GOTS applications.
- Strong troubleshooting background in computer hardware, communications equipment, LAN. At least one industry certification in related field (MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, etc are preferred).
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level 2 certification required
- CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+ (or equivalent) certification required.
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification preferred
Active TS/SCI Clearance
Requisition Number: 1167698
BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT $100K+ POSITIONS FOR YOU - BEFORE THEY'RE FILLED!
As a member of TheLadders, you'll have access to:
You deserve a better way to search.
Join TheLadders today.