Senior Manager, Change Capability
Hiring Company Industry:
Metals & Mining
Number of Employees:
Senior Manager, Change Capability
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 34,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia and Ghana. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
The Senior Manager, Shared Services Organization (SSO) Change Management defines, executes and sustains the change management strategy for developing and implementing Newmont’s global Shared Services Organization (SSO). This is a deployed role from the HR organizational effectiveness team to the Global SSO organization. The role provides Newmont Regions, functions and business units with change management guidance, leadership, direction and expertise to rapidly achieve implementation, performance and value from the global SSO.
- Provide change management leadership for Newmont’s global Shared Services Organization implementation in concert with the SSO Group Executive
- Utilizing established Newmont Change Capability methods and tools, develop and deploy Newmont’s SSO change management goals, formal strategy and plans including but not limited to: impact assessment, need and vision, readiness assessment, communications, sponsor engagement, stakeholder identification, engagement and alignment, training, design and alignment of system levers, tracking and monitoring of progress and results through to adoption and sustainment.
- Form and lead the SSO change management team, potentially including Regional and functional change leads, change agents and supporting team members; team may be inclusive of dedicated, deployed, and/or contractors.
- Serve as organizational change management (OCM) liaison to the SSO program management team. Report regularly on progress, plans, issues and proposed resolution. Provide OCM advice and guidance.
- In collaboration with the SSO Group Executive, represent the SSO in matters of change management.
- Aligning with Corporate Communications, develop and deliver an effective communications plan aligned across all functions and regions in support of Newmont’s SSO change management strategy.
- Coordinate with and gain the active support of the Newmont Change Capability Core Team to help engage and align stakeholders within Newmont’s Regions, functions and business units towards SSO goals.
- Identify and deliver quick wins that help establish progress, credibility, and sustainability for the SSO.
- Support the efforts of Regional SSO change leaders and change agents to achieve awareness, implementation, adoption and performance of SSO concepts towards business results.
- Align Organizational Change Manangement efforts with Newmont Change Capability established method and tools. Coordinate closely with the Newmont Global Change Capability lead and Change Capability Core Team.
- Regularly assess and make recommendations to the SSO Group Executive and SSO Program management team on OCM strategy, plans and actions.
- Quickly identify, address and resolve change management related issues to facilitate the smooth implementation of the SSO.
- Leverage Newmont enabling technologies and systems to support change progress for the SSO.
- Design and support employee engagement activities relating to SSO change management.
- Manage vendors and oversee the vendor selection process for consulting, training, assessment, or other OCM-related work on the SSO program.
- Build and maintain effective relationships/partnerships within the global Newmont organization to achieve SSO and Newmont enterprise strategic goals:
- Engage, inform, and influence key stakeholders.
- Build trust and credibility and manage relationships with internal networks and external vendors and contacts
- Promote an open and collaborative environment by encouraging the appropriate sharing of information and resources
- Demonstrate Newmont values and hold others accountable for doing the same.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- The position is located at the headquarters office in Colorado.
- Ability to function independently with minimal oversight.
- Willingness to work hours as business requirements dictate, including flexible hours to accommodate global meeting times.
Position may be required to travel to and work at other domestic and international sites. Travel is estimated to be 35%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field required. Master’s degree in business or related field preferred but not required.
- 12-15 years Organizational Change Management related business experience that includes direct responsibility for shared services change management planning and implementation leadership. Experience in globally distributed organizations preferred.
- Significant experience in the shared services environment (e.g. for HR, finance, supply chain, IT, etc.) including operations, organizational structure, core processes, centers of excellence, cultural transformation for service excellence, business cases, strategy and alignment.
- Solid, hands-on experience in organizational change management approaches and tools, including communications and socialization, stakeholder identification, analysis and engagement, leadership and stakeholder alignment, workforce engagement and empowerment, managing resistance, cultural transformation and sustainment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship and influencing skills to facilitate awareness, engagement, alignment, and support among stakeholders.
- Ability to navigate challenging circumstances and engagement issues amidst change with honesty, transparency, empathy and maturity.
- Skilled facilitator able to quickly design effective processes and guide groups and teams through a variety of processes for data assimilation, idea generation, problem-solving, decision-making, learning and insight for results.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at both the strategic thinking and program execution levels.
- Ability to work effectively with others across all areas of the business, engaging different cultures and styles to collaborate in a global setting.
- Skilled at helping others make the SSO vision and goals real for them – creating ownership through process, facilitation, dialogue, involvement and participation in the process of change.
- Superior written and verbal communication with a demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated skill at building credibility and solid relationships at all levels, including senior leadership.
- Excellent team/project management skills with proven skills in team leadership, coaching and mentoring, and program management.
- Able to quickly adapt to change. Effectively negotiates ambiguity and revises strategy and approach in response to new information.
- Demonstrated ability to concurrently manage multiple projects, plan and prioritize effectively.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) skills.
Please apply online at: https://newmont.taleo.net/careersection/newmont+external/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=111881