This position has just been filled.
Join TheLadders.com now for access to 42 open jobs.
Product Portfolio Manager, Chicago (Near O'Hare)-MAR000261
Manage the portfolio of products and services through strategic planning, analytics and rationalization. Work with key stakeholders to provide a holistic view of current offerings and opportunities. Provide category management and develop roadmaps to provide forward looking recommendations to ensure we are utilizing resources effectively and efficiently to drive increased profitability and excellent customer service.
Function Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Portfolio definition via analysis of 6 attributes: resource profiles; design/experiences; technology platforms; consumer needs; market analytics (share and margin); competitive benchmarks.
- Portfolio Review Board leadership driving products from concept through lock down; with oversight to product execution/launch.
- Work with Product strategy, Product managers, Device management to ensure roadmap of product/services/initiatives are widely understood and supported in portfolio of devices and offerings.
- Develop tools, reporting/dashboards to provide portfolio visibility to key work partners.
- Prioritization, trade off analysis, and change management based on consumer insights, business cases, or resource constraints.
- Portfolio marketing including presentation of concepts, value props, design and development methodology to key stakeholders and executives.
- Experience in analysis and creation of the strategy, financial realization, and various other leadership team materials for senior leadership.
- Responsible for analyzing customer and consumer requirements, competitive trends, HW and SW platforms, engineering resource availability and for developing compelling, executable and profitable product roadmap.
- Responsible for identifying gaps between the desired roadmap and the realizable roadmap and generate options for bridging the gap (partnerships, acquisitions, 3rd parties etc.)
- Advocate the voice of the customer in the product development process.
- Create One-Page Product Briefs
- Maintain and communicate updated roadmaps.
- Advocate the voice-of-the-consumer in the product development process.
- Provide input on detailed requirements during development (Feature and Product attributes).
- Maintain awareness of industry plans, trends and technologies.
- Marketing/PR support for portfolio and associated technologies at events i.e. tradeshows, financial analyst and press interviews.
Specific Skills Required:
- Ability to successfully lead across organizational boundaries, including strong relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to lead diverse and cross functional groups, including outside vendors.
- Strong team orientation, both internal and external, with the ability to coach and mentor regardless of reporting relationships.
- Proven project management and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen with emphasis on financial analysis, root cause investigation and development of solutions/action plans to minimize risks and take advantage of opportunities.
- Demonstrated creativity and effectiveness in marketing programs including but not limited to promotions, marketing communications, point of sale, etc.
- Ability to analyze issues, develop and deploy solutions within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including speaking in front of small and large groups
- Strong time and project schedule management skills required to consistently meet deadlines
- Well organized, strong administrative and detail oriented skills.
- Wireless industry specific knowledge including current feature/functionality and technology trends
- Proficient in using computer applications such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Education and/or professional experience necessary:
- Minimum of 5+ years in portfolio management, product management, product development, sales and/or marketing.
- Professional experience within the software or telecommunications industry or with a wireless voice/data service provider a plus.
- BA/BS Marketing, Business, Finance. Technical undergraduate education with business/product management professional experience will be considered. Preference to MBA and/or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced experience with standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT $100K+ POSITIONS FOR YOU - BEFORE THEY'RE FILLED!
As a member of TheLadders, you'll have access to:
You deserve a better way to search.
Join TheLadders today.