ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures robustness and optimal utilization of Nielsen databases via consistent leadership, accuracy and maintenance of procedures regarding such issues as new item classification, database refreshes, and standard report formats, inputs, revisions and distribution.
- Provides control over Nielsen interface with company in areas that include (but are not limited to):
- costing and executing ad hoc studies or data pulls as requested
- ensuring proper monthly billing and brand splits
- ensuring added value and optimal use of Nielsen on-site analyst support
- facilitating availability of Nitro software training for department members as necessary
- keeping abreast of and communicating upcoming changes in Nielsen practices or technology
- helping lead administration/negotiation process during Nielsen contract renewal when due.
- Performs analysis as assigned in areas such as (but not limited to):
- competitive reviews
- promotion responsiveness
- pricing sensitivity
- regional marketing tests
- consumption, shipment, distribution or cost trends
- other analyses for use in sales meetings, business reviews, etc.
- Maintains and distributes databases and charts for proactive updating of department Performance Measures.
- Handles electronic marketing information searches (e.g. ORC/Guideline) and leads contract negotiation, department training and usage tracking efforts with such vendors as necessary.
- Performs project management on designated projects in areas such as (but not limited to):
- sub-target advertising/promotions
- consumer research design/analysis
- new product or trade class opportunities
- category management projects
- new supplier reviews
- department’s procedures or participation in corporate initiatives
- Manages interface and response for external unsolicited new ideas.
- Contributes to new idea generation in departmental processes as needed and requested.
- Provides ad-hoc acquisition support as requested.
10. Strengthens the Marketing Department by contributing innovative ideas, expertise, knowledge, high professional standards, team spirit and pride in the Company.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities, as may be required by the Vice-President, Marketing.
- Supports the Winner’s Circle and company Quality System processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A 4-year college degree in marketing or general business administration or the equivalent in training and experience in sales data/category analysis and consumer/shopper behavior.
- The knowledge and skills required for this position are typically acquired in 4-5 years of experience in real world marketing or sales environments with an emphasis on category analytics and database oversight.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with ability and inclination to motivate and direct vendors and project partners for quality, timely executions.
- Strong analytical thinking with ability to draw sound, insightful, useful conclusions from data.
- Excellent quantitative skills to structure and perform necessary analysis.
- Exceptional motivation, drive and desire to handle challenging tasks and achieve quality results quickly.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines on multiple, concurrent responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate in a Windows environment (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint at intermediate skill levels).
- Advanced expertise in Nitro and rapid attainment of capabilities with basic functions of Cognos and Adage that allows for quality performance of relevant tasks outlined as essential job functions above.
- Discretion with confidential information to which he/she has access.
10. Willingness to accept other duties, as assigned.
11. Ability to use office machines and e-mail quickly and effectively.
12. Must possess the ability to develop and maintain an effective working relationship with internal and external customers, function as a team player, accept constructive criticism from management and comply with Company policies.