This position has just been filled.
Join TheLadders.com now for access to 217 open jobs.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS), enhances the safety, security and well-being of communities and workplaces around the world. Founded in 1901 and headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, Federal Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and institutional customers, with sales of $800M in 2011. Federal Signal Corporation's portfolio of trusted, high-priority products include Bronto Skylift aerial devices, Elgin street sweepers, Federal Signal safety and security systems, Guzzler industrial vacuums, Jetstream waterblasters, Vactor sewer cleaners and FSTech, a leading provider of intelligent transportation systems.
Jetstream of Houston, LLP (a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation), manufactures high pressure waterblast equipment and accessories for commercial and industrial cleaning and maintenance operations. In addition to equipment sales, we are increasingly engaged in the sale of parts and tooling, service and repair, equipment rentals, vehicle refurbishment and training as part of a complete offering to our customer base.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Representative to be based out of our facility in Houston, TX – this position is immediately available.
Understand and respond to Jetstream employee and business needs through HR processes, programs, policies and interactions with employees throughout the organization.
• Responsible for tactical recruitment processes, including: posting positions, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, administering testing, background checks, physicals and employment offers.
• Work with supervisors and functional leads to train and lead on HR processes, including: Autotime, PEP, succession planning, recruiting processes, payroll, data integrity with regard to HRIS systems, open enrollment processes.
• Manage employee FMLA / STD absences, working with corporate benefits team as appropriate.
• Compile data to support Salary comparisons for market, support Hay grading data and maintain master Hay grading worksheet for Jetstream.
• Support the processing and accountability for PEP Performance Excellence Process, including hourly reviews.
• Manage merit increase data for yearly reviews.
• Support HR manager in resolving employee relations issues, possess ability to communicate and answer basic questions on HR law.
• Coordinate employee relations initiatives and stewardship campaigns for Jetstream.
• Act as key contact for benefits questions, engagement health and open enrollment.
• Manage WC process including: communications with workers’ compensation carrier, maintaining the OSHA log for Jetstream and Rental centers.
• Manage training for remote employees in areas such as: employee benefits, on boarding and safety.
• Conduct new hire orientations and process paperwork.
• Maintain HRIS database.
• Payroll processing data entry.
• Perform other duties, assignments and special projects that may be required from time to time by the Human Resources Lead.
• Administratively support various projects such as revision of employee handbook, development of various programs (i.e. Apprenticeship programs), etc.
• Oversee data development of annual Affirmative Action Plan.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education and/or Experience):
Bachelor’s Degree required.
PHR preferred or scheduled to sit for PHR examination.
Payroll processing, Applicant Tracking System and HRIS experience required.
3 plus years of HR experience required, manufacturing environment a plus.
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
For more information about Federal Signal Corporation, visit:
For more information about Jetstream, visit:
Federal Signal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Key Words: waterblast * waterblaster * waterjet * waterjetting * water blast * water blaster * water jet * water jetting * hydro cleaning * hydro demolition * industrial * industrial equipment * industrial cleaning * mobile equipment * trucks * chassis * tractors * farm equipment * dozer * construction equipment * skid * trailer * loader * fork lift * crane * heavy equipment * off-road * agricultural equipment (Ag equipment) * military vehicles * engine * diesel * heavy duty * hydraulics * pneumatic * production * manufacturing * engineering * mechanical system * rental fleet * equipment rental * recruitment * recruiting * training * succession plan * payroll * payroll processing * benefits * employee benefits * open enrollment * health and wellness * FMLA * STD * compensation * compensation survey * Hay study * annual reviews * merit increases * hourly reviews * salaried reviews * employee relations * HR Law * WC * Workers’ Compensation * OSHA * safety training * on boarding * new hire orientation * employee handbook * Affirmative Action Plan * EEO1 * EEO Reporting * Autotime * HRIS * HRIS Systems * PEP * Performance Excellence Process * Engagement Health * ATS * ATS System * Applicant Tracking System * Taleo * Hodes iQ * PHR * Professional in Human Resources * HR Specialist * HR Administrator * HR Coordinator * HR Representative * HR Recruiter * HR Assistant * HR Clerk * Plant Human Resources * Senior Human Resources * HR Supervisor * HR Generalist * Human Resources Specialist * Human Resources Administrator * Human Resources Coordinator * Human Resources Representative * Human Resources Recruiter * Human Resources Assistant * Human Resources Clerk * Plant HR * Senior HR * Human Resources Supervisor * Human Resources Generalist * Recruiter * Trainer * Sr. HR * Lead HR
BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT $100K+ POSITIONS FOR YOU - BEFORE THEY'RE FILLED!
As a member of TheLadders, you'll have access to:
You deserve a better way to search.
Join TheLadders today.